Friday, February 29, 2008

Through Rain, Sleet and Snow - TrueFalse Day 1

Greetings from Columbia, MO
We made it here in in one piece. I left Chicago at around 7:30 and the storm hit when I pulled into Bloomington to pick up Diana, my precious fiance, at 9PM. She wanted to stay there because the snow was accumulating fast but I'm stubborn. It was ugly until we got into Springfield when the snow turned into rain. Temp was at 39 degrees for the rest of the drive. We came close to running out of gas in Pittsville, IL at around 12:30 AM but managed to roll into the only 24 gas station for....let's just say gas stations where few and far between.

Anyway, crossing into MO was cool. It was a nice 2 lane bridge. I didn't get to see the river because it was dark but we are looking forward to driving back that way. It looks like a nice little town on the MO side and there is a big marina on the IL side.

I know it's only one state over but it's a different world over here. You can see grass here. They have hills and hell of a lot more animals. I saw 2 flock of deer walking around. That can be scary because they have 70MPH speed limits here too. Actually, they really freaked me out because you know I wasn't obeying that limit either.

Driving through Mexico was pretty sweet. I think they have an Amish community there. I'm going to try and get some Mexican food there at a place called Vaqueros on the way back. It's just a hop skip and a jump away from Columbia. funny cause Diana's Columbian and I'm Mexican

So we arrived at around 2AM, about an hour after expected but I'm happy with it. We're getting ready to leave now to catch an editing master class and then there will be a parade and some kind of world tour through food by Columbia's best chefs. Then we're going to try and catch some movies and we're finishing the night at the Lover's Leap Party.

I'll catch you all later

No comments: